Thursday, February 26, 2009

Work hard for the money

I am a sophomore agricultural journalism major in the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources. I pay for my education completely, without the help of my parents, but with the help of CAFNR and MU scholarships, a part-time job, and of course, FAFSA. Because of scholarships, grants, and student loans I receive from FAFSA, I can sleep better at night knowing I can attain the college degree I’ve dreamed of.

Because I have financial help from these sources, I have time to get involved in CAFNR. This means numerous opportunities are at my fingertips. Rather than working every possible minute to pay for my expenses out of my pocket, I have time to build relationships and to better myself during my stay with CAFNR.

Scenario: You're a senior in high school, looking for the perfect fit after graduation. You like what the University of Missouri offers students like you to help you make your dreams come true.

Problem: It’s almost time to head off to college, but you don’t know how you can afford tuition, room and board, and all the extras that come with the college life.

Solution: FAFSA!! Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, is here to help you pay for your journey through college. By simply applying for FAFSA, students all over the country are eligible and receive grants, scholarships, and student loans that make their education possible. Three easy steps are involved in applying for financial aid, according to the FAFSA Web site.

What's next:
  • Get organized. This means do your taxes, apply for a PIN, and get all your paper work ready to go.

  • Fill out the application. It’s that simple. Just fill out the application online, and add corrections as necessary.

  • Follow-up. Print off all information, check on status of application, and watch for your financial aid information to be sent to you.

  • Watch for important deadlines!

The Mizzou priority date is MARCH 1, 2009. Be sure to fill these applications out ASAP to recieve as much support as possible!

Remember, it never hurts to APPLY EARLY!

-Kaity Kerwin
Agricultural Journalism, sophomore

No comments: